Annual Transition Events at RGMS
RGMS School Counselor Visits
- Prior to student scheduling, the counselors from RGMS visit both Haine and Evans City Middle Schools to talk to 6th grade students about what it is like to be a 7th grader and all the academic and extra-curricular opportunities that can found at RGMS.
RGMS Open Visitation
- 7th grade students along with anyone new to the building are invited to come tour RGMS every August. Members from Student Council are here to help with finding locations and answering questions about lockers, cafeteria etc.
RGMS Transition Week (first week of school)
- The first week for students includes a customized schedule that allows time for students to build relationships with their teaching teams and their homeroom teachers while becoming familiar with the building. Each team will meet individually with RGMS administration.
RGMS Activity Fair
- Typically held during the first 2 or 3 weeks of school, the activity fair is a chance for students to stay after school and see all the different clubs and activities that are available at Ryan Gloyer Middle School.
Getting To Know Ryan Gloyer & Learning From The Legacy Of Ryan Gloyer
- Our annual visit from Mr. Dick Gloyer (father of Ryan Gloyer) along with classmates and others who knew Ryan is designed to teach students about "Who" Ryan Gloyer was, the legacy he left behind, and "Why" the building was named for him.
RGMS Student Council Welcome Back Kick Off!
- RGMS Student Council hosts a night of music, pizza, popcorn, and snacks along with an outdoor movie for all RGMS students.
RGMS Open House
- Typically held in mid September, open house is a chance for parents to come see the building, meet teachers, and attend informational sessions related to middle school students.
RGMS Pajama Rama
- Typically held during the first week of October, 7th grade girls are invited for a 2 hour night of games and movies led by female counselors and teachers.
RGMS Fright Night Event
- Student Council coordinates a night of music, costumes, and games for all RGMS students.
RGMS Main Event
- Held in late October or early November, 7th grade boys are invited for a 2 hour night of fun and games led by male teachers and counselors.