Ryan Gloyer Middle School
1. What is Flex Period?
Flex period is a 21 minute period every day where students return to their homeroom for one of the following:
- To receive intervention and support on academic concepts they need help with
- To receive extended learning opportunities for academic concepts they have a passion for
- Teams and teachers intentionally address the physical development taking place and present opportunities for physical activity
- Teams and teachers intentionally address the social-emotional development taking place and present opportunities for developing positive relationships with peers and adults
- Complete LEAD activities which include Olweus anti-bullying, digital citizenship, and college and career readiness activities
2. What do students do when they arrive?
Students are free to either go to the cafeteria to get a grab and go breakfast or report to their first period class.