Overview/Registration - Summer School
Why Summer School?
- Get ahead! Students may enroll in a course they are scheduled to take in the 2018-19 school year through Acceleration. This will open up room in your schedule for additional electives. Limit of 1 credit.
- Brush-up on skills learned in previously completed courses through Audit/ Remediation.
- Recover credits by retaking a course previously failed or where credit was lost through Credit Recovery.
What is the cost?
Acceleration / Credit Recovery
- Half Year Course (.5 credit) - $130.00 or $117.00 if registered and paid by March 14
- Full Year Course (1 credit) - $260.00 or $234.00 if registered and paid by March 14
Students who are not enrolled in Seneca Valley School District will be charged double. $260.00 for .5 credit and $520.00 for 1 credit.
Districts that partner with the Seneca Valley Academy of Choice Cyber program will register with their home district. For partnering information please contact Denise Manganello.
Audit / Remediation
- WITH Teacher support- Same pricing as Acceleration courses
- WITHOUT teacher support- $40.00 or $36.00 if registered and paid by March 14
Registration and Payment System
We are happy to offer online payments for summer school courses. The registration form will take you directly to a PayPal option where you can pay by credit card or through your PayPal account. To see a guide of courses and cost per course click here.
Do not wait to register as courses will close automatically once they are full!
Important Dates to Know
- January 24 - Registration begins at 9 a.m.
- March 14 - End of early bird pricing (10 percent discount)
May 15 - Summer school Acceleration and Audit Orientation Meeting. Haine Auditorium 6 p.m. Students may begin working on Acceleration and Audit courses (teacher support will not begin until June 12)
- May 29- Last day to drop summer school courses (parents must agree to course drop terms on the registration form. Be sure to read these over as course drops after this date will impact GPA).
- June 12 - Credit Recovery Orientation Meeting and prescriptive testing 9 a.m. at Haine School. Summer lab hours begin (Monday -Thursday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Haine). Teacher support begins.
- July 19 - Course completion deadline (2 p.m.)
Summer School Lab - Haine School
Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
June 12 -July 19
Closed July 3rd and 4th
Math teacher available for support daily!
*Summer School Courses ARE NOT NCAA- approved due to the condensed format. It is the student's responsibility to review NCAA policies to ensure they are academically eligible and fulfilling all requirements set by NCAA.
The summer school program offers many of the same courses offered during the school year and every course follows the Seneca Valley curriculum. The Edgenuity online learning system will help your student to learn, grow, and succeed! We encourage you to register as soon as possible since course offerings are based on the number of students registered. Questions? Contact Us!