Overview/Registration - Summer School
Why Summer School?
- Get ahead! Students may enroll in a course they are scheduled to take in the 2019-20 school year through Acceleration. This will open up room in your schedule for additional electives. Limit of one (1) credit.
- Brush-up on skills learned in previously completed courses through Audit/ Remediation.
- Recover credits by retaking a course previously failed or where credit was lost through Credit Recovery.
What is the cost?
- Half Year Course (.5 credit) - $130
- Full Year Course (1 credit) - $260
Students who do NOT live in Seneca Valley School District will be charged double. The cost will be $260 for 0.5 credit and $520 for one (1) credit. Students who live in the district but attend other schools will pay the SV price.
Districts that partner with the Seneca Valley Academy of Choice Cyber program will register with their home district. For partnering information, please contact Denise Manganello.
- WITH Teacher support- Same pricing as Acceleration courses
- WITHOUT teacher support- $40
Seneca Valley Registration and Payment System
We are happy to offer online payments for summer school courses. The registration form will take you directly to a PayPal option where you can pay by credit card or through your PayPal account. To see a guide of courses and cost per course (click here).
Do not wait to register, as courses will close automatically once they are full!
Non-Seneca Valley/Non-Partnering District Registration and Payment System
Important Dates to Know
- January 30 - Summer School Registration begins at 9 a.m.
- May 16 - Summer School Acceleration and Audit Orientation Meeting at 6 p.m. in Haine Auditorium. Students may begin working on Acceleration and Audit courses (teacher support will not begin until June 11)
- May 29- By 3 p.m. - Last day to drop summer school courses (parents must agree to course drop terms on the registration form. Be sure to read these over as course drops after this date will impact GPA).
- June 11 - Credit Recovery Orientation Meeting and prescriptive testing at 9 a.m. at Haine School. Summer lab hours begin (Monday -Thursday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Haine). Teacher support begins.
- July 18 - Course completion deadline (2 p.m.)
Summer School Lab - Haine School
Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
June 11 - July 18
Closed July 4
Math teacher available for support daily
*Summer School Courses ARE NOT NCAA-approved due to the condensed format. It is the student's responsibility to review NCAA policies to ensure they are academically eligible and fulfilling all requirements set by NCAA.
The summer school program offers many of the same courses offered during the school year and every course follows the Seneca Valley curriculum. The Edgenuity online learning system will help your student to learn, grow, and succeed! We encourage you to register as soon as possible since course offerings are based on the number of students registered. Questions? Contact Us!