Welcome to Health Services
The goal of the School Nurse Department of the Seneca Valley School District is to provide the resources to promote the greatest health care services for each student in our care. Those services include:
- Implementation of an Individual Health Plan (IHP) for any student with specific health needs.
- Collaboration with parents, school staff and community health agencies.
- Health assessments and screenings.
- Implementation of state health and immunization laws.
The school nurses are always available to answer questions and address parents' concerns. All nurses employed by the Seneca Valley School District meet state certification requirements, which include:
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Completion of PA Department of Education approved School Nurse Certification program
- 180 continuing education units every five years