Seneca Valley Kindergarten Registration
Seneca Valley welcomes children to register for kindergarten, which is an engaging half-day program with transportation that is provided one way. In order to enroll, children must be five years old on or before September 1 of the enrollment year.
To register your child for immediate attendance in the current school year, please contact Holly Lingenfelter, registration coordinator, at (724) 452-6040, ext. 1640. A packet of forms can be mailed or you can access them here.
To register your child for the 2020-21 kindergarten program, please contact your child's building and visit this link to view the packet, which is complete with building registration dates and forms.
If you miss the March 2020 kindergarten registration dates for your child's building, please contact the SV Registrar at (724) 452-6040, ext. 1640.
Not familiar with your attendance zone? Click our Attendance Zones link to see what school your child will attend based on your home address.
Documents that are REQUIRED to be presented the day of registration are:
- Two documents as proof of residency (lease agreements, mortgage documents, current utility bills, tax records)
- Child’s birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate showing date of birth, or other certified transcript of birth record
- Immunization records to date
- Completed Registration Packet (see link above)
The Pennsylvania State Health Law requires each child entering school for the first time to have the following immunizations before school begins:
- Diphtheria and Tetanus: 4 doses with one dose being administered on or after the child’s fourth birthday
- Polio: 4 or more properly spaced doses of polio vaccine (IPV or OPV)
- Measles: 2 doses
- Mumps: 2 doses
- Rubella: 1 dose
- Hepatitis B: 3 doses
- Varicella (Chicken Pox Vaccine): 2 doses
If your child has had the disease of chickenpox, the vaccine is not required. A signed statement from the parent or physician with the date or age of the child when chickenpox occurred is acceptable.
If your child is not adequately immunized, consult his or her health care provider. The following physician’s office is authorized to offer immunizations free of charge to children who do not have health insurance: Butler County State Health Center, (724) 287-1769. Clinics are on the third Thursday of every month and you must call for an appointment.
Kindergarten Parent Orientation and Classroom Visitation
Parent orientation, student classroom visitation, and meet the teacher opportunities will take place before the beginning of the school year. Details of these August events will be shared by individual buildings.