Emergency/Inclement Weather Notice
The Seneca Valley School District will make every effort to close or delay school by 5:30 a.m. of the affected school day. Please know that early dismissals will be avoided whenever possible, but if necessary, will be made by 11 a.m. of the affected day.
Two Hour Delay Notice
When Seneca Valley calls for a two-hour delay, all students will follow their schedule two hours later.
In the case of kindergarten, the modified schedule is as follows:
- CVE / Haine / Rowan / Ehrman Crest AM Kindergarten: Arrival - 10:55 a.m.; Dismissal - 12:43 p.m.
- CVE / Haine / Rowan / Ehrman Crest PM Kindergarten: PM Arrival - 1:37 p.m.; PM Dismissal - 3:25 p.m.
In the event of a two-hour delay, Butler Vo-tech is canceled for Seneca Valley students. Students should ride their neighborhood bus into school following the delayed schedule information.
Weather Closure Notice
- Friday, Feb. 16, 2024 is Snow Makeup Day #1 (this day becomes a school day for our first school closure of the 2023-24 school year; if we don't call a closure, this day becomes a holiday)
- Monday, March 18, 2024 is Snow Makeup Day #2 (this day becomes a school day for our second school closure of the 2023-24 school year; if we don't call a second closure, this day becomes a holiday)
After the above two days are utilized, the District will then shift to remote learning (livestreaming) for any additional cancellations due to weather.
The schedule for livestreaming will occur on a delay so that teachers and students can prepare for livestreaming instruction. Students will be expected to log on to the SV Portal and access the teacher-provided livestreaming link(s) in the Announcements section. Inclement Weather School/Class Announcements will be made available for student/parent viewing via the SV Portal after 9:30 a.m. on the day of the closure.
- K-6 Schedule on inclement weather CLOSURE days:
10:55 a.m. - 3:25 p.m. - Remote Synchronous Instruction with Students (teachers will post classroom schedules in the announcement section of the portal)
Modified A.M. Kindergarten: 10:55 a.m. - 12:43 p.m.
Modified P.M. Kindergarten: 1:37 – 3:25 p.m.
- 7-8 Schedule on inclement weather CLOSURE days:
10 a.m.– 2:30 p.m. Remote Synchronous Instruction with Students
Period 1 - 10 – 10:25 a.m.
Period 2 - 10:30 – 10:55 a.m.
Period 3 - 11 – 11:25 a.m.
Period 4 - 11:30 – 11:55 a.m.
LUNCH - Noon – 12:30 p.m.
Period 5 - 12:35 – 1 p.m.
Period 6 - 1:05 – 1:30 p.m.
Period 7 - 1:35 – 2 p.m.
Period 8 - 2:05 – 2:30 p.m.
- 9-12 Schedule on inclement weather CLOSURE days:
10:01 a.m.– 2:33 p.m. - Remote Synchronous Instruction with Students
Period 1 - 10:01 – 10:26 a.m.
Period 2 - 10:30 – 10:55 a.m.
Period 3 - 10:59 – 11:24 a.m.
Period 4 - 11:28 – 11:58 a.m.
Period 5 - 12:02 – 12:32 p.m.
Period 6 - 12:36 – 1:06 p.m.
Period 7 - 1:10 – 1:35 p.m.
Period 8 - 1:39 p.m. – 2:04 p.m.
Period 9 - 2:08 p.m. – 2:33 p.m.
The above schedule and closure information will be made available via the homepage of the District website (www.svsd.net) anytime the District announces a school closure.
As we have learned, livestreaming can sometimes be disruptive to optimal learning in both the traditional and remote environments. Therefore, we want to ask for your assistance when students are livestreaming:
- Learning Environment – Students should be ready and prepared to learn. Students should be seated at a table or desk free from distractions. The student should not be traveling in a car or livestreaming from a loud environment. Please have student supplies readily available.
- Laptop Cameras - Laptop cameras must be turned on (students are permitted to blur their background for privacy).
- Laptop Microphones - Microphones should stay muted until the student needs to speak.
Students unable to livestream due to power outages, childcare needs or illness will be given assistance when they return and time to make up the day’s assignments.
If you have any extenuating circumstances, you may reach out to your child’s individual teacher(s).
Emergency/Inclement Weather Notifications
Emergency or delay/closure/early dismissal information can be found on:
- SchoolMessenger, SV's mass notification system, which will be programmed to call/text the phone number designated for each child*. E-mails may be used to provide follow-up information.
- KDKA Radio 1020 AM
- KDKA-TV Channel 2
- WTAE-TV Channel 4
- WPXI-TV Channel 11
- SVTV Channel 50 (Digital Channel 208, TV Channel 407 for Consolidated Communications customers)
- SV Mobile App
- The district’s main line - via a recording - at (724) 452-6040
*To change or update your contact information at any time, please go to the SV Portal and log in to your account. If you do not have your access information or are having difficulty with access, please contact (724) 452-6040, ext. 0 for more information.