We are happy to share with you some great news from the Pennsylvania Department of Education! Starting Monday, October 3, every student will be eligible to receive a breakfast meal at school at no cost, regardless of qualification for free/reduced meals. While every student is eligible to receive their first meal at no cost, a la carte items and extra meals/food items will continue to be charged to student accounts as they have been in the past. Breakfast is available each morning at your student’s school’s cafeteria.
The Pennsylvania Department of Education has given us the directive to provide breakfast at no cost, however this does not affect lunches. Lunches will continue to be provided at no cost or reduced cost to those who qualify for free/reduced meals. If your student does not qualify for free/reduced meals, they will continue to be charged for lunches. If you feel you qualify for free/reduced meals, please complete an application, which can be found below.
We strongly encourage you to fill out a Free & Reduced-Price School Meals Application as many programs are connected to your child(ren)’s eligibility.
Free & Reduced Price School Meals
- Free & Reduced Price School Meals Application PDF
- Free & Reduced Price School Meals Application PDF (Spanish)
- Translate Free & Reduced Price School Meals Application in another language
- Application Instructions
- Application Instructions (Spanish)
- Household Instructions
- Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines
- Sharing Information with Medicaid/CHIP
- Sharing Eligibility with Other Programs